Monday

Research on Picture

Edward Hopper - Morning Sun 1952

From my research on this picture, I was able to deduce that the sentiments are very solemn and negative. The women in the picture was his wife, who was modeling as the character for him.

I created a narrative from the picture:

"She is a mother, has a daughter aged 5 that she looks after. No Father figure in the child life, and no love in her life. She struggles to provide for her daughter, living with the basic essentials in her home. She wants something better in her life, wants to achieve something but does not have the opportunity to reach this desire to succeed. She looks out the window hoping for something better."



From this story I created my narrative line:

"As she sits, staring into the light, she wonders to herself 'is there a light at the end of the tunnel?' She bows her head into her chest..."

No comments:

Post a Comment